This year, the celebratory opening of BIAFF is scheduled for September 15. BIAFF will wrap up on September 22.
Batumi International Art-House Film Festival (BIAFF) was established in 2006.
Partnered up with Batumi City Hall, the founder, and organizer of the international festival is "ARGANI", the Batumi Art-House.
BIAFF is an annual event. Each year it is held in the second half of September in Batumi. Festival mainly focuses on the art-house cinema.
With an ever-growing recognition each year, the festival ultimately aims to become the biggest Film Festival on the Black Sea Coast.
BIAFF 2019 International Jury: Alexander Mindadze, Russia – Head of Jury, Tatiana Detlofson (USA), Martin Blaney (UK), Carmen Grey (UK), Rusudan Glurjidze (Georgia)
BIAFF Film festival’s international competition program includes three sections:
- BIAFF Feature Films Competition
- BIAFF Doc Films Competition
- BIAFF short films competition
Besides the competition part, the festival showcases three other sections that are proved to be very interesting to the cinephiles:
- BIAFF Master’s collection – presents the latest films by famous filmmakers
- BIAFF Special Screenings – films presented by special guests and partners of the festival
- BIAFF Georgian Panorama – showcases new Georgian films (shorts, feature, docs)