The monastic complex of Gudzhabi is at a riverhead of Poladauri, on the right coast, near the present village Akh-kerpi. The village belongs to the Marneuli region now. Earlier it entered administrative territorial unit which was called as the Bolnisi gorge. Vakhushti Batonishvili mentions the monastery Gudzhabi at the inventory of the Poladauri gorge:
"… There is a monastery Gudzhabi, dome-shaped, on a good place and already become empty." The author in the list of villages, calls the village by the same name, a form" Udzhabi" which is placed between the villages of Handzuti and Dzharmechebi.
The monastic complex is from the village at distance of one kilometer, at the foot of the mountain of Lelvari. Outside it was protected, and traces of different constructions meet inside. The most significant place is taken by church with a dome, in walls the brick and hewn boulders are applied. In facing light stones replace dark color of a block that leaves pleasant impression. Windows and a neck of a dome were plentifully decorated with the Georgian weaved ornaments, with the same weaved cut a small cross was decorated. From within the church was ornamented the trace of which else remained … … Historians of art criticism date this construction
I half of the XIII century.
The entrance of a protection still had ruins of the second church. The building, the average size, uniform blocks, constructed it by a horizontal laying was visible it columned type. This wreck was remade later, and till 1956 it was used for hay storage. Remained since ancient times the remains of small church, have to be, before the feudal period. The Shirim stone with which the church was built, is got in the distance gorges, from a wreck at distance of one kilometer. In the yard of a monastic complex, the showing ruins, prove that there were a cell of monks and a refectory, also constructions of economic appointment.
Near a monastic complex, at the right coast of Poladauri, on a place of joining of two gorges, the village with ruins of church remained. We met only east wall though the nest of church well was visible. It should be the village Gudzhabi.
In the vicinity there is a lot of wreck of houses churches, but the most significant the road along Poladauri and the pass here the Wolf door which translates us in Laura-Tashiri. It is from Akh-Kerpi at a distance of 13 kilometers, from sea level in 1770 meters. It is, about, 80 meter length a corridor which passes in the rock. Corridor width places of 10 meters. It isn't felt that the corridor is cut down artificially, it is more similar on processed by travelers who passed during many centuries here. It should be noted that used this road as Poladauri's mountaineers, also Shulaveri's mountaineers who had no other road to Laurie. This road is shorter, in comparison to Mashavera-Pinezauri Road well than roads of the Debeda gorge. Near the pass, the rock ravine, had a wreck of small church of columned type, its offside a horseshoe form, dates construction the Middle Ages. We won't be mistaken if we recognize that at this time the pass the Wolf door had been already functioned.
The Wolf door, the on-going road to Lloret-Tashiri, was very considerable. It proves number of villages which are on both to sides of the gorge along the road. From a feudalism era they remained as live units that points to viability of this road. It is proved by written sources: according to the chronicler, before departure by war against Tbilisi, Dzhallaledin "was located camp in Somkhiti, the Bolnisi gorge ". Orbelishvilni in one reference is written: "Through Bolnisi, through our estate, how many a caravan will pass, all our duty". The customs was near the pass the Wolf door about which the reference of 1717, this book of the arrangement for local owners speaks: " the road which passes from Kachachkuta to Somkhiti to glance over on Somkhiti, ahead there is one oblong hill (hillock), under Uratstal's name, Zarechie too one hillock in the direction of Kachachkuta, between them the gorge to Chipeka … when the oblong hill will bypass compound of two waters, mountain pass to Nadvaleti's border remained of Shanshiashvili, and Zarechie remained of Ofreteli".